Entrepreneurial Risk Management
Master of Arts
Consecutive Master's programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each summer semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 15 February via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 3 semesters.
No restricted admission
special admission requirements
The language of instruction is German.
The Master’s course in Entrepreneurial Risk Management enables students with a business-related Bachelor’s degree (business administration, economics or industrial engineering) to continue their studies by consolidating and expanding their knowledge in the area of risk management. The objective of the course is to deal with functions such as risk prevention, analysis and control, all of which arise in connection with risk management.
The specialist risk management knowledge is communicated in an interdisciplinary manner. Students will acquire competencies in the relevant operational areas of organisations and management.
Degree course content
- Fundamentals of Risk Management
- Strategic Risk Management and Investment
- IT Risks and Data Analytics
- Human Resources and Marketing Risks
- Legal Regulations of Risk Management
- Mathematics/Statistics: Risk Analysis and Simulation
- Economic Risks/Financing
- Annual Accounts Analysis/Controlling/Management by Ratio Analysis
- Research Project
- Research and Development, Production, Procurement, Logistics/ Supply-Chain Risks
- Business Ethics
- Hedging Instruments/Current Practical
- Master´s Thesis Seminar
- Master`s Thesis and Colloquium
Admission to the Master‘s programme Entrepreneurial Risk Management requires a good university degree (minimum grade 2,5 in German grading system) completed over a standard course duration of at least 7 semesters or at least 210 credits in the field of business administration, economics or business engineering. Applicants who cannot meet the requirement for 210 credits but can provide evidence of at least 180 credits will be checked individually.
The language of instruction is German. Foreign applicants must prove they have adequate knowledge of German. Evidence of the necessary German language skills can be provided in the form of:
- Goethe Certificate B2
- DSH I
- DSD II
- TestDaF (minimun level 3 in all examination modules)
- TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- ÖSD C1
Tel.: + 49 (0) 391 886 41 06
Fax: + 49 (0) 391 886 46 18
Visitor's address: House 2, Room 0.07.2, Breitscheidstraße 2, 39114 Magdeburg
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.