- Bachelor's programmes
- Applied Childhood Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Health Promotion and Health Management
- Industrial Design
- Early Childhood Education and Care - Practice, Management, Research
- Language and Communication in Organizations
- Mechanical Engineering
- Human-Technology Interaction
- Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Business Administration – Digital Business/ Social Management/ Human Resources Management
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Psychology of Rehabilitation
- Safety and Hazard Defense
- Social Work
- Sustainable Resources, Engineering and Management (StREaM)
- Water Management
- Business Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering
First Cycle Programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each winter semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 15 August via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 7 semesters.
No restricted admission
The language of instruction is German.
The programme objective is to acquire wide-ranging expertise and skills in the field of mechanical engineering. Alongside pure subject knowledge, the ability to work independently and know how to approach diverse tasks is given a very high priority. Practice-oriented content is taught based on the foundation of scientific, theoretical methods.
Degree course content
Foundation subjects during the core study programme in semesters 1 to 4
Mathematics, physics, computer science, technical mechanics, fundamentals of design, machine elements, CAD, manufacturing, materials technology, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, electrical engineering, electrical machines, measurement and sensor technology, control engineering and technology
Fields of concentration during semesters 5 to 7
- Engineering technology: The main points of focus are design methodology and the finite elements method (FEM), drive technology, tribology, metal structures and fluid technology
- Production engineering: The main points of focus are manufacturing and measurement technology, forming and joining technology, work preparation, production organisation, construction of jigs and fixtures, manufacturing systems (machine tools, fixtures, robotics), computerised numerical control (CNC) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
The degree course includes an industry placement in full-time employment for a duration of 12 weeks.
An internship prior to the course is not currently a prerequisite, but evidence must be furnished that an eight-week period has been completed by the time of registration for the examination in programme semester 4. It is therefore recommended to complete at least parts of this placement before the degree course begins.
A higher education entrance qualification is a general prerequisite for admittance to the programme of study. International applicants must provide proof of educational qualifications that permit study in Germany (school-leaving certificate, certificate of university attendance).
The DAAD database on admission requirements allows international students to check whether they meet the requirements for the degree programme of their choice in Germany.
The language of instruction is German. Foreign applicants must prove they have adequate knowledge of German. Evidence of the necessary German language skills can be provided in the form of:
- Goethe Certificate C1
- DSD II
- DSH I
- TestDaF (minimun level 3 in the examination modules)
- TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- ÖSD C1
Applicants who are unable to fulfil the specified admission requirements may contact a preparatory college (‘Studienkolleg’). These specifically prepare foreign applicants for a course of study in Germany. Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences does not have its own preparatory college. The state-run preparatory college responsible for our institution is located at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen.
An overview of all preparatory colleges in Germany can be found here.
In Magdeburg you can find a private preparatory college: Europäisches Studienkolleg der Wirtschaft (ESKW)
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.
Tel.: + 49 (0) 391 886 41 06
Fax: + 49 (0) 391 886 46 18
Visitor's address: House 2, Room 0.07.2, Breitscheidstraße 2, 39114 Magdeburg
Information about accommodation, visa, financial support etc.