- The University
- Institutions of the University
- Career Center
- Career Service International
Welcome to the Career Services for Internationals!
The project "Career Starters" supports students with refugee experience and international students in their individual start into the German job market. During the semester, we organize workshops and offer personal counseling on topics related to career entry.
Consultations & CV-Checks
The first job or the first internship in Germany? We support you individually and on the way from the first idea to the employment contract and beyond. We are happy to advise you on the following topics, among others
- Career choice and career orientation
- Job search in Germany
- Application document check (cover letter, CV, attachments)
- Preparation for the job interview
- Start of voluntary work
We currently offer advice in German and English and are happy to respond to your language needs. The talks take place online or in presence at campus Magdeburg.
Would you like to make a first appointment with us? Please feel free to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly book an appoinment via our calendar!
Events & Workshops
Workshops and Events
Writing application documents, getting hired after a job interviews or networking at career fairs – in our workshops, you will learn in small groups how to successfully master the start of your professional life.
Workshops in Winter Semester 2022/2023:
16.11.2022 | Bewerbungsseminar für internationale und geflüchtete Studierende
In this workshop you will learn the basics of applying for (part-time) jobs and internships in Germany. We will show you which criteria you need to consider in your application in order to convince German employers.
Date: Wednesday, 16.11.2022
Time: 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Location: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences, Magdeburg Campus
Language: Easy German (All German and English Language Levels are welcome)
Further information and registration via Studium Generale.
- All workshops are free of charge for students and alumni of Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences.
- All workshops are held in either German or English. Our trainers are usually bilingual,so you are also welcome to ask questions in English at German-language workshops (and vice versa) if you do not understand something.
- We are happy to issue a confirmation of participation for you if you have participated in a workshop. A prerequisite for the issuance of a confirmation is a minimum attendance of 90% of the workshop time.
Links & Materials
Our Recommendations for your Job Search
Various materials (e.g. resume templates, sample job interview questions) will soon be available for download here. You are already welcome to send us an e-mail if you are looking for suitable materials. We will be happy to provide you with information or arrange an individual consultation appointment if needed.
„Career Starters“ is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the framework of the programme Integra until 31.12.2023.
Project Coordinator Career Starters
Tel: +49 391 886 4996
Visiting Address: FEZ, Room 1.13
Appointments (in person or online) upon arrangement
Contact and directions
Career Starters organises talks and workshops. The registration form including all upcoming events is available here...