30.01.2022 | Applying for Jobs in Germany: My Skills Profile and the (German) Job Market
Instructor: Amanda Wichert
Date: 30.01.2022, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Registration: until 26.01.2022 via the registration form
Language: English (questions in German are always welcome)
Format: Online via Zoom
About this workshop
Figuring out your career path can be challenging. What do I want to do? What can I do? For international students in Germany, the challenge can be even greater, as German employers often have very specific expectations for applicants that can be quite different from employer expectations in students’ home cultures. Developing an idea of where you want to go and what you want to do as well as an understanding of career paths in Germany as early as possible allows for students to get the most out of their time at university, to best develop their skills for the job that they most want to have, and to successfully transition to the job market after graduation.
Through a series of individual, group, and peer-coaching activities, participants in this workshop will explore their career paths, develop a personal career profile, build an understanding of their strengths in the job market, and develop an awareness of how their profiles fit into the German job market. Participants will learn how to use these tools to guide their job search and to develop a path to success.
Building a Profile
- Where do I want to go?
- What are my needs and wants for my future career?
- How can I use my past experiences to guide my future path?
- What are my skills? What are my strengths?
Understanding the Job Market
- How flexible is my career path in the German job market?
- What effect do my choices today have on your future career in Germany?
- What types of careers are open to me with my degree and experience?
- What can I do with my profile?
Understanding my Strengths and Weaknesses
- What tools exist to help me analyze the job market?
- What do I need to get me from where I am today to where I want to be?
- What resources exist to help me succeed?
Interactive inputs, small group activities, peer coaching, individual workshop activities.
Conditions of participation
- Your registration is binding.
- Should you not be able to attend, please inform us immediately, at the latest two days before the scheduled date of the training.
Contact for questions
Career Services for Refugee and International Students
Tel.: +49 391 886 4996