- The University
- Student projects
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences welcomes numerous international students every semester.
Our student-mentors (buddies) help you during your first weeks at the university and assist in case of language difficulties and challenges in your everyday life.
In addition, the Buddyprogramm organizes lots of fun events in Magdeburg and Stendal aswell as exclusive excursions for all registered participants.
If you like to meet new people and are interested in getting to know more about the German culture and language, take a chance and join the Buddyprogramm! It will help make your stay abroad an unforgettable experience! In addition to enhancing your language skills, you will get to know many students from all over the world.
If you have any more questions about the Buddyprogramm, you can read our FAQs below. If you still have questions you can contact us by email email@example.com.
Join the Buddyprogramm for an ultimate experience during your semester abroad!
Do you want to join the Buddyprogramm?
Registraton for International Participants!
The registration counts for one semester but you can extend your application via e-mail or personal consultation.
FAQ for the international Buddyprogramm
You are studying at the Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences and you are looking for a buddy, who can help and support you during your stay in Germany? Become part of the Buddyprogramm and register now!
The following things are required:
- Basic knowledge in German and/or English language
- You should have time to meet up with your buddy
- Be open minded and reliable, be interested in other cultures
Your Buddy can assist you with the following tasks:
- Orientation on campus
- Any kind of questions regarding the student life
- Help when visiting banks and/or officials
- Information about sport programmes and leisure time activities
You and your Buddy get along very well? How about:
- Common sport activities, go for a coffee, spend some time with shopping or discovering the city of Magdeburg or Stendal together
- Enjoy the nightlife of Magdeburg/Stendal or visit cities and famous places in Germany such as Berlin, Dresden or Leipzig
What kind of responsibilities does an international student have?
(a student who participates in Buddyprogramm)
If you decide to register for the programme, please make sure to keep in touch with your buddy and the Buddy-Team, which means: Reply to E-mails and try to participate in the events we offer you and your Buddy. Please contact us in case of any problems.
How can I participate in the Buddyprogramm?
1. Please fill out the online application form to sign up for the programme. Besides your personal information, let us know about preferences you may have regarding your buddy (gender, course of study, language).
2. After receiving your application form, we try to find the best matching buddy for you. As soon as we find the right buddy student for you, you will receive some information about him/her via e-mail to contact him/her.
3. Now it’s your turn to get in touch with each other. Be active! At the beginning of the new semester we will advice you and your buddy to take part in the Buddy-Welcome-Party. This will be your chance to meet all the other students, who are part of the programme, to get in touch with German students, to get to know the culture and practice your German language, to gather information about the next events, enjoy a multicultural atmosphere and ask the Buddy-Team all your burning questions. The event will take place during the first weeks of the new semester. We will spend a nice evening together with music, snacks and people from all over the world.
Your next steps:
1. Fill out the application form
2. You will receive your Buddy's contact information by E-mail, so don't miss checking your Spam folder from time to time
3. Get in touch with your Buddy and meet each other
4. It would be nice to receive a short feedback after the semester to improve our Buddyprogramm.
5. You have your own ideas about events or activities for the Buddyprogramm? Just get in touch with us, we are looking forward to your thoughts and ideas :)
You need more information or you have questions about the programme?
Feel free to contact us.