- Continuing Education
- Studium Generale
- Courses for International Students and German Language Learners
Courses for International Students and German Language Learners
Learning a new language takes time and patience. Of course, this is also true for learning German. But it doesn't matter if it's for your studies, to be able to cope better with everyday life here in Germany, or even if you want to stay in Germany after your studies or return to your home country: In any case, it is very useful to learn German.
In our German courses you will learn how to deal with everyday communicative situations in German in multinational groups in an action-oriented and interactive way. All skills are trained (listening, reading, speaking, writing). Vocabulary expansion, understanding and application of language structures, grammar and pronunciation as well as regional studies will pe a part of the course.
The University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal offers a differentiated range of German courses from A1.1 to B2.2. The language courses are aligned with the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages.
Participation and fees
The German courses are primarily aimed at enrolled international students, doctoral candidates, visiting scholars and employees of the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal. The German courses are free of charge for this target group.
If there are places left, we open our German courses to all those who are interested in learning the German language. A participation fee is charged for this target group. This can be found in the respective course offer.
In the following you will find important information about the prerequisites for participation, course duration, course location, examination and registration modalities.
Prerequisite for participation in the respective summer semester:
- Compulsory participation in the placement test at the beginning of April; this does not apply to students who have successfully passed a DaF exam at the previous winter semester at University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal.
- Abitur or Fachhochschulreife or equivalent, the certificate for the desired level must not be older than 12 months (at the start date of the course).
Prerequisite for participation in the respective winter semester
- Mandatory participation in the placement test at the beginning of October; this does not apply to students who have successfully passed a DaF exam at the previous summer semester at University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal or have participated in the Late Summer School in September.
- Abitur or Fachhochschulreife or equivalent, the certificate for the desired level must be Level must not be older than 12 months (at the start date of the course)
Requirements for successful completion
- If all requirements are met, you can access your DaF grades in the electronic grade overview in the examination office. This only applies to students at University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal.
- If all requirements are met, you will receive a graded certificate with a recommendation of the corresponding ECTS points.
- If you do not meet the requirements, you will receive an ungraded certificate of attendance if you attend regularly.
- If certificates are lost, we charge a fee of 20.00 EUR for the duplicate.
- After successful participation in the mandatory placement test you will receive your binding course assignment.
- After that you can register online for your respective German course.
- Please use the button "Online registration" in the right column.
- If you have any problems with the online-system we will also accept binding registration by E-mail email@example.com.
- For that we need:
- Family name
- First name
- gender: male/female/divers
- Name of the university in Germany
- Name of the German course
- Certificate of enrollment or something that satisfactorily show that you are a student